July 22, 2011

SummeR AdventureS

Well hello there :) This is a post about our summer adventures! Even though they might not seem that cool to anyone else...Our summer started with Disneyland, which you know about. We decided to stay home for Memorial Day, but my family went down to Powell. On the way home I got a phone call from my dad telling me my sisters and cousins had been in an accident. They were in the excursion, and are all fine. The only causality was Big Red. We miss her and think about her every day, but in the end, she protected what was most important, and gave her life for my family. I know it might seem strange how attached we are to her, but hey, she is family. She always gave her best, and it proved true again when she kept my sisters and cousins safe.
After the accident, my summer really had nowhere to go but up, and up it went!! I was lucky enough to go to the most beautiful Alabama in June for Distinguished Young Women!! It was a great experience, and I fell in love with the city and people of Mobile. I cannot wait to go back. They have amazing clouds, and I have a strange obsession with clouds. Below is a picture of the city of Mobile.
Next time I go, I'll be sure to get more pictures of how beautiful Mobile really is. For the forth of July, we went to Idaho with my famliy. We took a day trip to the majestic Yellowstone, and that was a lot of fun. We also got to go to the Rexburg parade, and the rodeo!! I love rodeo's!! We also spent a lot of time with my cousins, and I had a blast!! I never get to see them, so spending time with them is precious. I really enjoy Yellowstone, and I hadn't been there in a while. This is Jared and I at the gyser basin.
We spent a lot of time in the car...but we made the most of it in our new excursion-who we are pretty sure is named Red the White. (we are nerds...)
This is us at the falls in Yellowstone, and it is beautiful! I love looking over the edge at the water. It is amazing how powerful water really is.
This very last one was taken at Mesa Falls. It literally took my breath away. I never cease to be amazed by the beauty that is all around us. It is insane to think about how much of the beauty of the earth is still unseen.
Well that is our summer so far :) We are going to the Chris Botti concert tomorrow night, and I'll be sure to take pictures!! I love him, and I can't wait!! We have also been keeping ourselves busy with work, and Jared with work and school. OH!! And movies :) we still take time to enjoy seeing movies together-in fact, we are going to see Captain America tonight! I am so excited!! I'll write more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment