October 20, 2011

A Time To Be Thankful

This post is going to be about how thankful I am for so many things in my life. I have been in a bit of a rough patch this past month, and as I look back, I can see so many things I am thankful for. I am thankful for my family, and for my parents especially. I am thankful that my father holds and honors his priesthood, so that I can get blessings from him at any hour of the day. I am thankful for my sisters and the example they are to me in my life. I am thankful for the gospel and the roll it plays in my life, for general conference, and the opportunity I have every six months to listen to the leaders of our church. I am thankful for my job, and the friends that I have made there. I am thankful for the trials that we chose to go through before we came to this earth. Life isn't always smiles and sunshine. We go through darkness so that we can appreciate the sunshine that much more. I am also very thankful for my testimony. I know that this church is true, and that life isn't as easy or good without it in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that all we have to do is read it and apply its principles, and our lives will be blessed. I know that Thomas S Monson is the prophet of the church today, and that he leads and guides us where we need to go, all we have to do is follow. I know that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer. He gave his life so that we could come here and turn to him. He knows every pain and sorrow that we will ever have. I am so indebted to Him for His willingness to suffer for my sake, and to take away my pain. As we go through this year, and the rest of our lives, may we look for the things to be thankful for. They are all around us, all we have to do is look. Life isn't always going to be easy, but I know that with the gospel in our lives, and a different outlook on what we have in this world, it will be easier. The darkness will end and we will again see the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment