May 25, 2012

Hello Again

Hello again!! For those of you who haven't asked, or don't already know...I am divorced. There is obviously a lot of back story, but I have learned a lot from this experience, and continue to learn. I am in a happier, healthier place then I have been for a while. I know that I have a lot to do to get back, but I'm slowly getting there. I have discovered that I have a hard time talking to people who don't know that I've been married. I feel like if I tell them about my past, I am judged very quickly, and that people don't take the time to get to know me. Just the label that I've put on my head. I am working through this though, and I know that over time it will get better, but for now...I'll stick to what I've been doing. I have started to see movies again, and I can't wait to start dancing! I went to ZUMBA this week, and I loved it!! I can't wait to go back :) I also got to go to Bakersfield for work, and that was an incredible experience! I was very grateful for the opportunity, and the change of pace and scenery. I'm even more happy that I am home though...it's kind of like an armpit of the state of California. I think that I want to move out with my sister, and can't wait to see how that goes. I will be sure to let you know! Since I've been home, I've also spent a lot of time with a very tender mercy from the Lord. My cousin's little girl Alexa. I adore her and I'm so thankful to have her in my life. She is such a blessing to me, and I hope that I can tell her one day!!


That is the update for now, and I'll write again soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Kristen! You sound much better in this post than the last, and I truly hope you are happy. My husband definitely felt judged after his divorce, and I am sorry for everything you are going through. Just know, it does get better. But of course you are the most optimistic person I know, and I am sure you already know it gets better every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberlinguini!! Clearly, I'm not on here often enough!! We should do a reunion of roommates around christmas, when you guys are all done with school! It's been too long since we have all been together, and thank you so much. I am much happier now :)

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry that you have had to go through such a hard time. Keep in mind that the people that judge are the ones that don't know you and don't know how much overcoming struggles can change a person. You went through something that many people couldn't handle and you have kept your dignity and sense of self. I love you girl. Stay Strong.
    P.S. So, are you living in California then? Did I read that right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karri, and I am living in Utah still. I live with roommates in Sandy :) How are you doing ma'am?!

      Delete