May 13, 2010
Cranky Library Lady
Yesterday I went to the library with Kat. I decided that I needed to get myself a new library card. Pretty simple process right? So I asked a very nice lady what I needed to do. She walked me to a computer, told me what to do, and then left me to it. I took my little piece of paper with a number on it to the front desk, like I was supposed to, and the next lady took it from me. I ran into a friend of mine, and we started conversing, the lady who took the paper from me said..."you can talk to her or I can help the people behind you." (in one of those "I'm better then you listen to me" kind of tones) she hadn't even tried to talk to me yet...so I said I'll finish with you. On we go, she was very smart and snappy with me. Not cool. But she gave me a card. Turns out, I've had one since 2001-which lady two so hotly told me. I then found the books I wanted to read, and went to the self check out desks, (turns out they all are) and follow the steps. Here they are just for you :)
1. Insert card into slot, or enter number on back of card onto touch screen.
(done)
2. Enter pin. (The pin is the last four digits of your telephone number) Which is wonderful cause I've had several phones since 2001. I then proceeded to try about six different numbers. None of them correct.
2 1/2. Walk over to cranky pants and ask her what my pin is. Her response-"the last four digits of your telephone number." Thank you ma'ma, I've tried that...so I say, "My current phone number?" to which she promptly replies, "yeah".
3. Re-type card number, enter correct pin, select the books I'm taking with me, and call it good.
Lesson learned from this library outing, the dark haired cranky librarian needs to chill, and the library is an overall amazing place :)
That was my cranky library trip! Also, for those of you who don't already know, almost three months after Jared's car was stolen, the Murray City Police found it abandoned in an apartment complex a few blocks away. YAY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment