October 22, 2010

~DaNcE~

So I'm going to talk about dance-why I dance, why I teach, how I feel. When I tell people I dance, and tell them ballroom-they usually respond quickly with something about the guys being gay. I don't know why this upsets me so easily. I know that there are gay dancers, but it still gets me. I usually respond with they choose to spend hours on end in close physical contact with beautiful girls. If they ask about ballet, they say that isn't dancing. To all of them I say, most people can't do what dancers do. Most people can't exert that much energy, time, tears and dedication. Dancers are athletes just like football and basketball players. We just take it to the next level and put emotion and feeling into what we do. We have the ability to tell beautiful stories if we choose. To make a difference in others life. To bring a little bit of joy to the world. So if you are a dancer-just remember this nice little quote that I found. "Because I dance doesn't mean that I am weak. It doesn't mean my "sport" is un important, because we dancers use tights and pink tutu's. Because we're dancers, we sweat and we work. Because we're dancers simply means one thing; we work until we cannot work anymore. we work until our feet bleed, and our muscles are torn. True athletes work until they simply cannot anymore, and that is what dancing is all about." Don't let anyone put you down about your sport, you athletic ability or you passion in life. Keep on dancing and making the world a better place.
I teach because I love dancing. I want to let others experience the love I have, and hope that they love it too. I teach because there is nothing like watching someone accomplish what they set out to do.
Dancing to me is a way to express how I feel when I cannot use any words. It is an escape, and a release. There is nothing like putting all of your emotion on the line, listening to the audience, captivating minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment