October 25, 2010
*S*N*O*W*
One of the best things of living in Utah is that we get four seasons. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. I love all of the seasons for different reasons. Spring because of the newness of the state, the beautiful flowers, the freshness that it brings. Summer because it's summer, and who can complain about that, right? Autumn because there is nothing like watching the mountains transform right before your eyes, and the weather cool down. Then there is winter. Winter brings family times, a few holidays and that whit stuff we call SNOW. That's right Utah, it's that time of year once again. It gets colder and starts to rain, and before you know it, SNOW!! And then comes my favorite part. We forget how to drive and act as if we've never seen the stuff before in our lives. Now I understand if you've never seen snow before, after all, it is magnificent! But for all of us who have lived here for more then on winter season, we know what snow is. It never ceases to amaze me how many people freak out when it first snows. Hello!! We live in Utah, it happens here. Every year, around the same time. I'm not sure what everyone freaks out about. It's not like it's going to randomly not be winter. Pull it together Utah!! We knew it was coming. Man up and deal with it. Now that I got that out there. Enjoy the season, and don't let the moments pass you by!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha. I remember thinking the EXACT same thing on so many occasions. It would be Barely snowing and the freeway would pretty much be at a dead stop because people were afraid of it. I understand driving safely, but there is a difference between being safe and just being Paranoid! lol. Fun times. That is one thing that i like about Idaho. People are pretty much used to the snow. Granted, we hardly got any last year and none so far this year. We'll see how the season falls out. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! I totally agree Krisco! My husband happens to be one of those freaker-outers!
ReplyDeleteI don't even know how it happens. For real, it's snowed every year since I can remember. Sometimes even in July! But what can you do. People will freak when they freak :)
ReplyDelete